The International Council for Systems Engineering (INCOSE) is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1990 to develop and disseminate the interdisciplinary principles and practices that enable the realization of successful systems.
As of December 2014 INCOSE had nearly 10,000 members across the World. All members share the following Mission, Vision and Goals:
Share, promote and advance the best of systems engineering from across the globe for the benefit of humanity and the planet.
The world's authority on Systems Engineering.
- To provide a focal point for dissemination of systems engineering knowledge.
- To promote international collaboration in systems engineering practice, education, and research.
- To assure the establishment of competitive, scaleable professional standards in the practice of systems engineering.
- To improve the professional status of all persons engaged in the practice of systems engineering.
- To encourage governmental and industrial support for research and educational programs that will improve the systems engineering process and its practice.