The International Council on Systems Engineering has established a multi-level Professional SEP Certification Program to provide a formal method for recognizing the knowledge and experience of systems engineers, regardless of where they may be in their career. This can be considered similar to other forms of professional registration such as P.E, P.Eng, Eng, Ing and CEng.
A similar accreditation can also be obtained through the German INCOSE Chapter (GfSE), one major benefit being that the test is in German. It has been developed in collaboration with INCOSE and is clearly targeted at the German-speaking audience of INCOSE, hence it is relevant for a certain part of the Swiss Chapter as well. See more here: SEZERT programme.
There are three levels that can be obtained. These are, ASEP for those with little or no experience in Systems Engineering; CSEP for those with at least 5 years experience and finally ESEP for those with over 25 years experience.
What makes SEP unique
- It has to be reviewed every 3 years
- It is unique to the profession of Systems Engineering
Certification Value to YOU as a Systems Engineer
- Formally recognizes your Systems Engineering capabilities
- It is a discriminator that can aid in obtaining your next job
- Can provide a competitive advantage in your career
- Provides a portable Systems Engineering designation that is recognized across industry
- Furthers your professional development as a systems engineer
- Demonstrates your commitment to continuing professional development. Participation in continuing education indicates your commitment to personal development
Certification Value to YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Formally recognizes the Systems Engineering capabilities of your people
- Certified systems engineers can be a selling point and a discriminator for your proposals
- Can be used as part of the hiring and promotion process
- It encourages employee participation in continuing education
- Provides an independent internal and external assessment
- It is a tool for promoting professional competence
If you would like more information on SEP please contact us and / or see the attached presentation.